Thursday, June 30, 2011

Star Make-Over

I bought this star at a Home Decor store and then as always saw one later I liked much better. The good thing is that this star was much more inexpensive than the one I really liked - so I felt compelled to do a make-over on a perfectly good - brand new star!

Here is the before...



I wanted something a little more patriotic. I love Americana decor no matter the time of year.

Now here is the after...



I painted it with acrylic paint in a maroon color and then dry brushed a bit of midnight blue around the edges for a bit of depth and giving an aged look. I used the $20 one that I liked as my example and this $6 one looks the same. I love how it looks on my door! The after picture is not on my door, it is dark outside (habit of night crafting) so the photos aren't coming out too well. I love to revamp things! So simple...and I am into simple these days.

Happy Independence Day America!

~jan

Linked to some of THESE parties! Thanks for letting us share :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these stars! Every time I see one, I want one!
    http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?