Monday, May 23, 2011

Handmade Favor Bags

My little boy had his 5th birthday party on Saturday (sad!) and I wanted to have a handmade party favor to give to the kiddies.


I decided on personalized drawstring bags for goodies.


I used this {super easy} tutorial, and made 20 goody bags. 


Had to be careful with this picture... I can spell a swear word with all those initials!


I added an initial to each before assembling them, as well as bead{s} to the drawstring.




This was the first time I have used my free-motion foot for appliqué. Holy easy!


 

I had a really really hard time letting these sweet things leave my house! 




We filled them with candies, squirt guns and bubbles, and Lip Smackers for the girls.


This was a fabulous project for stash busting! And all 20 bags took me about 4 hours total. (That 4 hours includes changing diapers and making lunch:) )


<3 AmberLou

7 comments:

  1. I love those Amber! The beads were an especially nice touch! I'll have to steal this idea down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kambrea and Hadlee love their bags!! Such a cute idea!!!! I might steal this ideas some day down the road!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea - we did the same for my daughter's birthday this year - she's a little older (8) and helped make them. Her friends loved them!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! Love the initials!
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, these are so cute. I love the idea of a homemade party bag! The initials are perfect!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! they really are perfect for stash busting

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I'm sure they will be loved!! Thanks for linking to Quilt Story :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?