Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tickled Tastebuds Tuesday

Im going through some serious cravings right now. No, Im not pregnant, just cant get enough of Winger's Grill & Bar.



Their Original Amazing Sauce is my favorite. I could slather it on old sneakers, and eat it! {Although, I do suggest eating it slathered on chicken strips}

Since I have already eaten there this week...and still want more...I am making me some:

Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers!

the recipe is as follows:

2 1/2 C.  brown sugar
3TBS. light corn syrup
1/2 C. hot water
1/3 C. Frank's Red Hot pepper sauce
1 TBS. apple cider vinegar
1 LB. bag of chicken strips {grilled chicken is my preference, the tempura strips are the hubbys}

Directions: In a heavy saucepan, mix brown sugar and corn syrup for 3 minutes; stir continually. Add the other ingredients and boil on low for 15 minutes. Continue stirring during this time, careful so it doesnt burn!
The sauce will thicken as it cools.
While cooling cook {or grill} chicken as directed on package. When finished, remove from oven and while still warm [use tongs] dip chicken strips into the sauce, generously.
Place onto cooking sheet or stone and broil for 5 minutes [just over 2 minutes on each side.]

Serve up with celery sticks and ranch/blue cheese dressing! YUM.

I also love to make a salad using romaine, the chicken pieces, jack cheese, craisins, and tomatoes.
I mix some of the amazing sauce with ranch to give it a lil kick and pour over the top. Mmm its my favorite!

Enjoy!
-Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?