Friday, January 7, 2011

Bridal Shower

My youngest daughter threw a bridal shower for her sister earlier this week. I made an assortment of kitchen linens and a family cook book to give as my gift.

The towels are just some plain white kitchen towels that I embellished with machine embroidery and applique.
I knitted a collection of dishcloths using a well-known simple pattern.
  • Using 100% cotton yarn, cast on 4 stitches
  • Knit 2, yarn over, knit across to the end. Repeat until you have 40 stitches on your needle.
  • For decrease rows, knit one, knit 2 together, yarn over knit 2 together, then knit across until only 4 stitches remain.
  • Bind off and work in edges.
The napkins are just some checked linen that I serged to finish the edges.
And I made some appliqued and quilted hot pads.
For the cookbook, I printed our family recipes, 4 to a sheet on white card stock.
Then cut them to 4" x 5.5" to fit in a 4x6 photo album.
I organized them into categories for ease of use.
Instead of a paper gift bag, I bought a Hawaiian themed reusable shopping bag to hold it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?