Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Marshmallow Play-Dough


My husband was recently telling me one of his memories of elementary school... and was excited to share this activity with our 2 year old daughter. And after a successful project, I thought who better to share it with than all of you mommy's & grannies out there!!!

*Caution: when making this activity with children {of any age!} there WILL be messy hands!

To make Marshmallow Play-Dough you will need:
-Large Marshmallows {I used the giant campfire ones, have you seen them? THEY'RE HUGE!}
-Spoon
-Peanut Butter
-Wet wipes for clean up

Give  your child one large marshmallow topped with a spoonful of peanut butter. {Make one for yourself, its fun & yummy!}

Start kneading the two together {this will work best with FRESH marshmallows.}

Keep mixing the ingredients together, the oil from the peanut butter along with the heat of hands will start to break down the ingredients and bind the marshmallow and peanut butter together into a dough.

You will know your close to being done when your hands are no longer messy but, rather clean!

Be patient, this isn't a 30 second process, it generally takes about 5-10 minutes to make the play-dough....well worth the wait & messy hands to clean up!

Give your child some cookie cutters to make fun shapes out of the dough. Then when finished...EAT IT:]

Enjoy doing this activity & snack with your children.

10 comments:

  1. What a fun idea you shared for FF. I just would hope my grandkids wouldn't start roaming the house before the dough started staying together. I bet it tastes great too. I thought you might be giving a recipe for marshmallow fondant. I make one that I blogged about and it could sure pass for an edible playdough too.

    We have the big marshmallows so I think we will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea, and fun memory! I bet your daughter loved working with it too! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have to do this with kids? Because I could totally nom some of that any time. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Can't wait to do this with my girls! Thanks for linking up with Anything Related! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this might be the best homemade playdough I've seen ever! Thank you for sharing it. My son is two and will love this activity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would have known about this when my kids were young. I guess I'll have to remember it for when I have grandchildren.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea!!! I'm going to re-post this! I'll
    put a link back here : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, my children would love this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came across this wonderful idea. me and my son did this and it was so messy and so much fun. I have to say I didnt think it would work, but it did! Thanks for sharing. I recently started blogging for mostly family and friend. I will share this idea with them and give you full credit:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to give something again and aid others such as you aided me.

    my web-site by panties
    Also see my site - panties, by panties

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?