Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Crisscrosses

This is my FAVORITE cookie recipe!
It turns out great every time I make it and doesnt taste gluten free according to my family.
They are a must try, especially if you have Celiac children or are a peanut butter lover!






Peanut Butter Crisscrosses


1. Thoroughly cream together....
1 cup shortening {or butter}
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla


2. Add....
1 cup peanut butter


3. Sift in dry ingredients....
2 cups Bobs Red Mill gluten free flour blend
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt


4. Mix ingredients well.


5.Roll into one inch balls and place on a LIGHTLY greased cookie sheet. Press each cookie with back of fork to make crisscross. Bake in over at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes or until lightly brown.


Yields: 5 dozen.


Enjoy these scrumptious cookies and try not to devour them yourself!
-Amanda


We link to these parties.

Image via :http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/v4/peanut-butter-cookies-400.jpg&imgrefurl=http://yokelengho.spaces.live.com
Visit thecsiproject.com

8 comments:

  1. These look yummy!

    My hubby would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Where do you get your gluten free flour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy my flour blend in a specialty section at Fred Meyer. Our grocery stores here are not on board with gluten free yet so it can be hard to find products. I have ground my own flour out of rice...but you have to use xantham gum if you do it that way:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Saw you over at So Very Cheri. Omigosh those peanut butter cookies look scumptious! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For an even quicker cookie try 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg. Bake at 350 for approx 10 mins. You can also add 1 cup oats (gluten free of course) and another egg to make peanut butter oatmeal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic, my friend just found out she has Celiac and so I'm going to send the recipe to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look amazing!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peanut butter cookies and these gluten free ones look like the perfect cookie for our family. I'm featuring you today on Tot Tuesdays today:

    http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/2010/09/tot-tuesday-24.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?