Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Gadget to Love

Have you seen how Martha Stewart shares her love of her Silpat baking sheet with her audience and readers? Well I have wanted one for about a decade.

Well I never got one until my sweetheart of a daughter became an adult and did her best to get me one. Locally all that was available was the version made by Chicago Metallic. I must say...it is a dream! It is my Favorite Kitchen Gadget!



Here is a photo sampling of what I have used my baking sheet for this
past week.

No need to use non-stick spray for these yummy cookies - they slide right off.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

You may see a little discoloring on the baking sheet. It is because I use it at least 3 times per week.

Sausage/Mushroom Pizza

It is so easy to clean after use. Hot soapy water and put in the dish drainer to air dry. I then roll it up and stick it in a small drawer.

Zucchini Pizza Rounds
I first saw this recipe HERE at Kalyn's Kitchen.

I love how when the cheese melts over the edges onto the baking sheet, it just peels right off.

The only bad thing about my baking sheet...I only have one. Having two would make rotating baking cookies a little quicker.

Tell me what is your favorite kitchen gadget??


Happy Thursday!
~jan


2 comments:

  1. I need to get one of these! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. I want one now... and those zucchini pizzas look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?