Thursday, September 9, 2010

Easy Whirly Girly Tutu's

Being so blessed with a granddaughter - who is now 2 1/2 - I started back on the journey of sewing and crafting. I had given it up as I had 3 sons who didn't particularly like homemade clothes and cutesy stuff to take to school. Considering them, it was (and IS) all about the cooking and eating.

But now with a girlie girl around again, I jumped on the band wagon of making tutus. I watched THIS video and colorful tutu's plagued my sewing room last Christmas as I prepared gifts for my great nieces and a sweet 6 year old who adores Tinkerbell.


The process is not sewing, but rather tying strips of tulle onto a ribbon. So simple! Any breathing person can handle this craft.

I made some tutus like this one for a friends wedding in California! Aren't the colors so vibrant for a summer wedding?

Have fun making some for the sweet girls in your life!

~jan

I linked to:
The Virginia House
House of Hepworths
Cheap Chic Home
The Train to Crazy


3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to have a little girl around. I'm sure she'll love her tutus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and so simple to make, my little girl would love one of these!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?