Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gluten Free Cherry Cupcakes

Cupcake Tuesday at HoosierHomemade.com

Over at Hoosier Homemade this week the Cupcake Challenge for the Cupcake Tuesday link is:
altering a cake mix into a delicious cupcake recipe.
I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to branch out from the standard white or chocolate gluten free cake mixes and make a summery cupcake using one of my favorite flavors...cherry!
Gluten Free Cherry Cupcakes

1 Pamela's classic vanilla cake mix.
14 oz. jar of marishino cherries.
Make the cake mix according to the package, replacing the water with the cherry juice. For added flavor you can add LorAnns Oils to the batter. 

I prefer a light cherry hint so I didnt add any drops of flavoring.
When baked and cooled add the frosting.

5 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
6 tablespoons Maraschino cherry juice
2 drops red food coloring
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped Maraschino cherries 
 Dont forget sprinkles/decorations!

It is sooo delicious and makes perfect treat for Any occasion especially kids parties. 
Children shouldn't suffer because they cant have gluten! Try this recipe, Hope ya'll like it:]
-Amanda


4 comments:

  1. this sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum!! These look great! I have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I came over from Blog Party, (my other blog) and discovered that you had these for the Cupcake Challenge, but...you never linked up to the Challenge.
    Did I miss them? I don't see them anywhere.
    Sorry...thought I better let you know.
    They look really yummy!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! These look amazing!!
    I'll have to show my daughter this one!! She'll want to try it out right away!

    Just stopping by via TMTT. Hope to be back by again soon. Love GF recipes!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?