Tuesday, July 13, 2010

E.A.T.


My mom is in the process of renovating her kitchen. Her new color scheme is sage, tan and chocolate brown...I LOVE IT!
For her mother's day gift I wanted to give her decor to match the new colors so I made her an EAT sign.
It was so easy and cost less than $15!


It seems pretty self- explanatory so I wont go into much detail. Simply buy some wood letters and paint. Trace the letters to the craft paper of your choosing and mod podge on...so quick & easy! I cut down my letters a little bit so the painted {wood} edges show...its hard to tell it being on a brown wall. (I also lightly brushed the paper with brown paint to make it look antique-y)

I plan to make one for my kitchen as well but, didn't get to it over the weekend...mine is going to say YUM!
Happy Tuesday Everyone!
-Amanda

I linked to these parties:

Olga's Home and Garden


My Romantic Home

inspired room




All Thingz Related



















toolsareforwomentoo


Keeping It Simple



Decor Mamma


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!




Photobucket



18 comments:

  1. Cute! I love that you trimmed the letters slightly smaller than the wood. Looks great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Love the colors! I'm your newest follower!
    smiles!

    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made an EAT sign for my kitchen but it isn't half as cute as this!!! I might have to re-do them! Hehe... good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out so cute Amanda! What a nice Mother's Day gift to her. Love her color scheme :) Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I too just posted about an EAT sign I made. Feel free to check it out:

    http://framefanatic.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-tuesday-eat-sign.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi thanks for visiting my blog, we meet next week again at Olgas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute idea! Want to make me one too? :)

    Thanks for linking to Transform Tuesday. I'm excited for your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely, what a nice idea.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very cute! My daughter is working on something similar. I just LOVE words and letters that are dimensional like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea and it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the YUM idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man..I so wanna try that, but I have NO idea what I want to say! :p Your's is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're so glad you joined us for another great Anything Related party!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's cute. I love that idea. I have a prim country kitchen and I am coming up with some fun ideas thank's to your post here.

    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE! We're adding a kitchen to the basement we're living in and I was thinking of using the same colors! I love the eat sign. I'd love it if you'd join my tuesday link party (tomorrow)! http://imtopsyturvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! Found your blog thru Keeping It Simple. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?